SHAN N°5 Full Suspension
The SHAN Nº5 is our new full-suspension frame, entirely constructed from 4130 MCS CrMo steel. This is bicycle versatility at its best! A trip up into the mountains? A ride out with your friends? A weekend playing in your favorite bike park? How about a round in your local Enduro race? The SHAN N°5 can do all of that, easily excelling in each domain, for as long as you can ride!
The first full-suspension bike from Production Privée!
We’ve fully exploited our experience and expertise acquired since 2011 with our enduro hardtail range to develop this ultra-versatile bike. We wanted the SHAN N°5 to be an excellent performer, to be fun, simple, reliable and with maintenance reduced to a strict minimum.
We decided to go the 4130 CrMo route for the chassis. Since the advent of mechanical sports, CrMo chassis’d contraptions have been winning car and motorcycle races every weekend. Steel is a magical material with impeccable strength and very high levels of elasticity and fatigue resistance. When used on a bike, incredibly high levels of tolerance and grip are obtained, when compared with an alloy or carbon chassis.
The SHAN N°5 was developed so that its steel frame is able to absorb the trail profile thanks to finely controlled flex in its chassis. It is more tolerant & forgiving, offering increased confidence and more cornering grip. If ever there was a bike to make you smile, this is it!
The SHAN Nº5’s R.KTP suspension has been developed across 3 areas:
A single pivot suspension system.
A single pivot suspension system reduces maintenance to a strict minimum. The main pivot articulates around our bottom bracket equipped with angular (contact) roller bearings. These indestructable bearings are guaranteed for a period of 2 years.
Shock absorber extender:
The shock extender allows for progressiveness at the end of the suspension travel. The SHAN N°5’s suspension can therefore be adjusted for lots of sensitivity at the start of its travel, without bottoming out, and ensuring that 100% of the available travel is used. In addition, the vertical assembly of the extender and the shock absorber means that any lateral contraints are isolated from the shock, ensuring optimal cornering sensitivity and function.
Custom tuned Fox rear suspension:
We have worked with Fox Racing Shox on a specifically developed shock setting for the SHAN N°5. The metric shock is a 210 x 55mm size, working with a low ratio that guarantees the best possible performance: sensitivity at the beginning, perfect rebound performance, and great efficiency throughout its entire suspension travel. The SHAN N°5 has 140mm of rear-wheel suspension travel and is the culmination of our work on the integration and optimisation of the chassis, geometry and specific function of the Float DPS shock. The implement of a low damping ratio, the CrMo chasiss and a close work with Fox on shock settings gives the rider a feeling of having much more travel than it does while maintaining superb manoeuvring and pedalling abilities.
The SHAN Nº5 is designed for a vast array of uses:
- SHAN Nº5 is compatible with 27,5 and 27,5 + wheels and is designed for a 140 to 160mm-travel fork. Maximum recommended tire width is 2.8".
- SHAN Nº5 is designed around R.KTP suspension, a single pivot suspension with shock extender allows for progressiveness and a metric 210x5mm rear shock offering 140mm of rear travel.
- R.KTP suspension combined to custom setting FOX rear shock offers amazing performance, and great efficiency throughout its entire suspension travel on any kind of terrain.
- Single pivot design combined to FOX custom rear shock offers ease of use, easy maintenance and great reliability.
- We use our MCS tube series, already proven with our Hardtail range, consisting of a Japan-sourced triple-butted, heat-treated 4130 CrMo.
- Steel is a magical material. It is more tolerant & forgiving, offering increased confidence and more cornering grip as well as an incridible strenght.
- A special full CNC yoke on the right side singarm is used to ensure short chainstays while maintaining maximum tire clearance.
- Stealth-mount telescopic seat post compatible, with bottle mounts under the downtube.
- Boost standard frame (12 x 148mm rear axle spacing)
- Available in 4 sizes: S/M, M/L, L/XL & XXL.
- Colour scheme, inspired by the Porsche 911 from Singer vehicle design.
- Recommended retail price is 1899€ including Fox Float DPS Evol Performance series 2k18 with custom setting, rear wheel axle and chain stay protector. Other options are available.
The SHAN Nº5 is designed for those of you who ride a lot, everywhere, no matter the weather!
- Use: All Moutain, trail & Enduro
- Wheel size: 27,5 & 27,5+ up to 2.8”
- Fork : 140 to 160mm travel. (540 to 560mm height )
- Shock dimension : 210x55mm Metric. Bushing 22,2x8mm (rear travel 140mm)
- Sag: Optimum SAG 25%, 14mm of the shock stroke.
- Material: Cromo steel TB 4130 Japan seamless HT MCS series.
- Headtube bearings: Tapered, integrated CAMPI 45x45, SHIS: IS42/IS52
- Bottom bracket: BOOST BB92 Press Fit standard (Compatible with Boost crankset ,28t to 32t, 32t optimum)
- Rear axle: BOOST maxle 12x148mm.
- ISCG : bottom part only, for tacot.
- Chain Guide: Upper part available as option. Specific to SHAN Nº5.
- Seat post diameter: 30.9mm with stealth Routing
- Seat clamp collar diameter: 34.9mm
- Front deraileur: no compatible
- Rear brake Standard: IS
- Water bottle cage mount: Yes, under Top tube.
- Weight : 3890g W/O shock.
- Finish: Ed Black anti rust coating, inside and outside the tubes.
- Colour: 2 tones painting.
- Sizes : S/M, M/L, L/XL & XXL
SHAN Nº5 colour options
Inspired by the Porsche 911 SINGER UK Edition
Inspired by the Porsche 911 SINGER SWITZERLAND Edition
Inspired by the famous John Player Special racing car paint scheme, used among other things, by Lotus in Formula 1 during the seventies/eighties
SHAN Nº5. We’re gonna have to find more trails...
More news? HAVE A LOOK TO DIRT REVIEW ABOUT SHAN Nº5