SHAN GT Hardtail
The SHAN GT is our brand new 29er frame, also compatible with 27,5+ wheels. A hardtail made for covering long distances at speed, without sacrificing comfort or style.
Why add a new hardtail frame to the range ?
We already had the SHAN for big mountain enduro riding, and the OKA for trail and all-mountain use. This left room in the range for an enduro hardtail ready to ride any trail, on any terrain, in any weather, in comfort and style. A bike that rides efficiently and is reassuring for a long day out in the saddle, regardless of your terrain of choice: enduro, trail, bike park... it does it all.
By adding a set of 29er or 27,5+ wheels, the SHAN GT is even more comfortable, with superb performance and added tolerance for dealing with the roughest terrain you can throw at it. And did we mention it is lightening fast?
This bike is a Grand Tourer and easily merits its SHAN GT designation.
See the SHAN GT REVIEW from Singletrack Magazine
SHAN GT TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS
- SHAN GT is a hardtail aimed at enduro and all-mountain riding.
- SHAN GT is compatible with 29" wheels and is designed for a 120 to 140mm-travel fork. Maximum recommended tire width is 2.5".
- SHAN GT is also compatible with 27,5+ wheels, using a 140 to 160mm-travel fork. An optional headset extension allow to raise the BB height if necessary. Maximum recommended tire width is 2.8-3"
- SHAN GT uses a high-end steel frame, the only material that can offer the performance a hardtail enduro needs: comfort, grip, liveliness and strength
- We use our MCS tube series, already proven with the SHAN 27, consisting of a Japan-sourced triple-butted, heat-treated 4130 CrMo.
- A special yoke (KTP+) is used to ensure short chainstays while maintaining maximum tire clearance. The rear triangle combines grip and suppleness, with guaranteed great pedaling efficiency.
- Stealth-mount telescopic seat post compatible, with bottle mounts on the downtube.
- New Boost standard frame (12 x 148mm rear axle spacing)
- Available in 4 sizes: S,M,L & XL.
- 4 colour schemes, inspired by GT racing cars from the 70’s & 80’s.
- Recommended retail price for the frame is 599€ (or 659€ for the frameset, including a headset and rear wheel axle)
- Frame weight in size M: 2790g
- Now available
Shan GT hardtail colour options
Inspired by the custom color of the Corvette C3 below.
Inspired by the Lotus Esprit S3 JPS.
Inspired by the Team Garretson Porsche 935 K3. Le Mans, 1982.
Inspired by the 1982 Rothmans Porsche 962