The SHAN comes back with many evolutions !
The SHAN is our iconic bike. This is our best seller frame, our do-it-all bike, the wild child of our hardtail range! Being the simplest frame of our range, it’s THE ultimate Enduro Hardtail. The SHAN is designed for speed, mountains, steep trails, jumps, with great pedalling efficiency, it is at ease on any trail and is confidence-inspiring. Dare we say the best riding CrMo enduro hardtail out there?
A steel enduro hardtail designed for the mountains. Real ones.
For 2017, the SHAN comes with many evolutions and replaces the SHAN 27 & OKA in our range.
- For the first time on a SHAN, we use our MCS SL tubes series. Developed from the original MCS tube series that first appeared on the OKA, this MCS SL version consists in a Japan-sourced material, triple-butted, heat-treated 4130 CrMo pushed to an ultimate level of performance with optimized diameter, butted length and thickness. Compared to MCS tubes, MCS SL saves about 100g in weight with added comfort and dynamism compared to former SHAN.
- Geometry has been updated as well in order to increase its versatility. We’ve worked on its pedalling performance and efficiency and it’s now very close to the OKA’s. However the SHAN keeps its enduro DNA, with a sub 66º head tube angle and a low BB.
- The SHAN has a stealth routing for the seat post and it’s finally compatible with a water bottle holder.
SHAN is a hardtail aimed at enduro and all-mountain riding, compatible with 27,5" wheels and is designed for a 140 to 160mm-travel fork. Maximum recommended tire width is 2.4".
SHAN TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS
- The SHAN is a hardtail aimed at enduro and all mountain riding.
- The SHAN is compatible with 27.5" wheels and is designed for a 140-160mm-travel fork. Maximum recommended tire width is 2.4"
- The SHAN is also compatible with 26" wheels via an available dropout kit, sold separately.
- The SHAN uses high-end cromo steel, the only material that can offer the performance an hardtail enduro needs: comfort, grip, quickness and strength.
- We use our MCS SL tube series, already proven with the OKA, consisting in a Japan-sourced triple-butted, heat-treated 4130 CrMo.
- The KTP flex system design is used to ensure short chainstays while maintaining maximum tire clearance. The rear triangle combines grip and suppleness, with great pedalling efficiency guaranteed.
- Aggressive geometry means the SHAN is the most capable hardtail enduro on the market for steep slopes and mountain riding, while having awesome pedalling performance and efficiency.
- Frame able to accept multiple axle options via dropout kits: 12 x 142mm, 10 x 135mm, and single speed.
- Available in 4 sizes: S,M,L & XL
- High-end two tones stencil-based paint jobs
- Recommended frame-only retail price: 499€. Also available as a frame kit
- Frame weight in size M: 2500g
SHAN 27 hardtail colour options
Inspired by the Porsche 935 K2 du Team KREMER